In six words or less Edit
Writer, Broadcaster, Scottish Dissident and Politician.
In his own words:Edit
"I'll fight ID cards, Trident, tuition fees, bank bail-outs and government intrusion." (from CraigMurrayOrg on twitter)
- Born 1958 in West Runton
- Clever enough to appear as contestant on University Challenge.
- Former British Ambassador
- Active campaigner for Human Rights
- Married to Belly Dancer Nadira Murray
- Craig was strangely not mentioned at all during a BBC Newsnight report on the Norwich North by-election.
Political Beliefs: Edit
As the candidate for the "Put an Honest Man into Parliament" Party standing in the Norwich North by-election I believe that:
- Politicians should be honest.
- The current government has been far from honest in many areas of policy
- Rail travel in the UK is too expensive
- Immediately stop accepting any intelligence from regimes known to practise torture
- Push to prosecute any UK politicians believed to have been complicit in the use of torture.
- Better value rail travel
Craig will be available during his series of Public meetings:
Crooks Lies and Politicians
An Evening With Craig Murray.
Friday 3 July Norwich Puppet Theatre, Barrack St, 7.30pm.
Tuesday 7 July Norman Centre Mile Cross, 7.30pm.
Thursday 9 July, Norwich Playhouse, 7.30pm
Friday 10 July, Hellesdon High School, 7.00pm
Saturday 11 July, Taverham Village Hall, 7.30pm Tuesday 21 July, Thorpe Frog Hall, 7.30pm
Campaign Site: http://www.putanhonestman.org/